The FMRC has developed and continues to support the following software programs. All programs
require a Intel based computer.
- FAC, a program for collecting intensity values on multiple fluorescent colors using either
a Perkin Elmer LS-50 or LS-50B spectrophotometer. FAC requires the DOS operating system to operate.
- WINFAC is the latest update of the FAC program. As suggested by the name this program
requires the Windows 95 or Windows 98 operating systems. There are many improvements in WINFAC over the
FAC program. Installation and operation instructions are available in the manual. WFINST.EXE is a self-extracting archive which
when run, extracts three files to the location selected in the dialog box (Setup.exe, Setup.lst, Winfac.CAB). Double click the Setup.exe file to install the
program. The installer defaults to putting the program in C:\FA.
- FMSPILL performs mathematical correction of the spillover from adjacent colors for both
fixed wavelength and synchronous scan data analysis. Installation and operation instructions are available in the manual.
Requires Windows operating system.
- MI (Matrix Inversion) performs matrix inversion correction of the spillover from adjacent colors for
fixed wavelength data analysis. This is an Excel spreadsheet with an embedded macro to perform the
analysis. Enclosed Readme file contains instructions for use. Should work on Windows or Macintosh if Excel is installed.
- GE (Gas Exchange) is an Excel package which takes measured distributions of ventilation and perfusion
along with basic physiological data such as species, body temperature, and mixed venous blood gas and calculates whole
lung gas exchange. Data are provided both for the whole lung and for each compartment's end-capillary oxygen and
carbon dioxide contents and pressures. Data are graphically displayed in several different ways. Additionally, parameters
equivalent to the output of the multiple inert gas elimination technique (MIGET) are calculated for comparison. Directions
for use are included in the readme document. Versions are available for both Windows and Macintosh.
Programs are available in both .exe and .zip formats. Excel implementations are available in zip format only.
The manuals are supplied in .PDF (Adobe Acrobat) format.
If you experience download problems please contact us at